Christian Legal Society (CLS) is a non-denominational Christian membership society whose members share a unified passion to proclaim the Word of Jesus Christ. There’s a lot of truth behind the saying “strength comes in numbers.” To create spiritual change within our communities, our nation, and the world, we are far more likely to succeed if we join with a group of colleagues who share our beliefs and values. CLS is a society with a mission and values that are similar to yours, and you will find others who will stand with you on the issues that are important to your faith.
CLS’ Board of Directors on May 4,1996, stated that CLS "affirms that the Society welcomes believers in Jesus Christ of all denominations and traditions consistent with the Christian Legal Society Statement of Faith." Membership in the Christian Legal Society is open to all who believe in and sign CLS’ Statement of Faith.
CLS Statement of Faith
All officers, directors, members, advisory council members, and staff of CLS shall, as a condition of their employment or membership in CLS, acknowledge in writing their acceptance of, and agreement with the following Statement of Faith, as set forth in Article II, Section 1 of CLS’ corporate by-laws, as amended:
Trusting in Jesus Christ as my Savior, I believe in:
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
- The Deity of our Lord, Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary; His vicarious death for our sins through which we receive eternal life; His bodily resurrection and personal return.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The Bible as the inspired Word of God.