World Vision is now hiring for an Estate Settlement Specialist
At a Glance
Role: Estate Settlement Specialist
Required experience: An Associate degree or equivalent (four years) work experience. Requires a minimum of three years of relevant work experience, including work with probate/bequest administration, trusts and/or contracts. Must enjoy doing research. Exceptional customer service. Great communication skills.
Preferred experience: Knowledge of MSCRM and Prospect plans system, is a plus. Previous work experience with planned giving or estate settlement. Paralegal certification.
Location: Remote. The role can be based in any of these 39 states.
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 (depending on geographic location and experience)
Travel: Up to 10%
Industry: Planned Giving, non-profit charity
Company size: 900+
We are looking for an exceptional Estate Settlement Specialist who will provide professional legal support service, including preparing and organizing legal documents such as contracts and leases; overseeing legal records and databases; and performing legal research. In this role you will serve as the point of contact for bequest administration issues and questions. At World Vision we are going to the ends of the earth, often where no one else goes, to pull up the roots of poverty and plant the seeds of change. Help us carry out our Christian organization's mission, vision, and strategies by working closely with our donors regarding their estate planning, trust and probates.
- Create, track and maintain files on each donor estate to ensure WVUS receives the correct paperwork from outside attorneys/executors/administrators and the correct amount of funds from the estate.
- Oversee litigation related to estates/trusts.
- Keep abreast of all regulations governing probate.
Contracts and other Agreements:
- Coordinate review of document requests related to bequest administration with staff attorneys and occasionally with outside counsel as needed.
- Prepare, finalize and issue legal documents related to bequest administration.
- Serve as notary public to the organization to ensure legal documents are signed by the correct individuals.
- Perform research projects as assigned, providing the necessary codes and/or cases appropriate for the situation
Administration of Legal Records and Databases:
- Ensure proper use of WVUS probate administration databases.
- Maintain all WVUS bequest administration standard letters and forms.
- Participate in the development and implementation of various WVUS policies, procedures and systems to help WVUS comply with all necessary regulations and statutes related to bequest administration.
- Associate degree or equivalent (four years) work experience.
- In addition to education or educational equivalent, requires a minimum of three years of relevant work experience including work with probate/bequest administration, trusts and/or contracts.
- Must have strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of MSCRM and Prospect plans system, is a plus.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Enjoys doing research.
- Paralegal certificate preferred
What Success Looks Like
- Knowing when to prioritize and identify gifts that need to be escalated.
- Able to set up new prospect plans.
- The ability to set up a plan for overseeing new estates or estates in process.
- Corresponding with internal and external parties.
- Transforming the lives of the poor, our donors, and your own.
Salary Range & Benefits
Your salary is important to you so it’s important to us. Please share your salary expectations with us in the application process to get the conversation started. We have a robust and comprehensive benefits package to round out our total compensation package. Click here to learn more.
What Happens Next?
Glad you asked. We owe you that and strive to not leave you wondering. We review applications nearly every day assessing strength of fit for the role. Sometimes questions arise on our end, so we message you to learn more. Short-listed candidates are contacted for an initial phone conversation with our recruiting staff. Moving deeper into our selection process you can expect to interview 1:1 with a hiring manager. Finalists normally participate in a panel interview. Our most valuable resource is our talented staff. Our goal is to fill this vacancy with the right person in the shortest amount of time, so we have all hands-on deck to move this important work forward.
About World Vision USA
When you work at World Vision, your passions and talents come together to meet the greatest needs in the world today. We go to ends of the earth and into the margins. Where few go and the road is less traveled. Because Jesus is alive in the hardest places to be a child. We are dangerously soft-hearted. But just the right kind of dangerous. That's because we're a global Christian humanitarian organization. We partner with children, families, and their communities to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. We empower people out of poverty. For real. For good. For nearly the last 70 years. Jesus' love at the center. Always. We're Christian and follow Jesus' example to show unconditional love to the poor and oppressed. Serving every child, we can regardless of faith. Are you feeling called to explore joining us? We hope so.
Working Environment / Conditions
Standard office environment. Must be able to lift and carry 10 lbs. Work involves bending and reaching for files and sitting for prolonged periods at a computer. Computer work requires manual dexterity. Occasional US domestic travel is required.
Job posted 10/31/2022