Attorney Ministries Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Attorney Ministries
Location: Springfield, Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION: To advance the purpose of Christian Legal Society’s Attorney Ministries which encourages and trains legal professionals on how to integrate the Word of God and their faith in Jesus Christ with their professional and personal lives.
Coordinator will collaborate with the Director regarding ways to better serve current membership and attorney chapters, as well as assist with newly formed attorney chapters. The coordinator will work closely with the Director in communicating with all attorney chapters, building partnerships with diverse groups, setting up online conversations on current topics, and seeking to support all Attorney Ministries chapters and CLS partners.
· Help the Director complete various projects which help establish and maintain vibrant attorney chapters across the nation, including processing chapter dues sharing and communicating with chapter leaders.
- Assist Director in finding innovative ways to advance the broader CLS mission including: The Christian Lawyer magazine, mentorship program, attorney chapters, Supreme Court swearing in and a variety of other projects.
- Establish relationships with current and future Attorney chapter leaders
- Maintain and update current contact list in Blackbaud (RE); Communicate with all attorney ministries chapters and our affiliate partners.
- Assist in planning and organizing attorney events, including Online Gathering, regional retreats, mentorship program, and national conference events.
- Provide general administrative support for weekly mailing of new member packets; Answer general public and membership inquiries via email and telephone.
- Update website information, including attorney ministries’ chapter pages, membership forms, referral directory, job board, and other pertinent information.
· Bachelor's degree preferred;
· Competency in research, writing, and analytical skills; Organizational skills and strong attention to detail;
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, and coordinating events; Database experience is a plus. Candidate must be willing to learn Blackbaud membership database (training will be required).
· Cross-cultural competence – including conflict resolution and leadership across diverse groups; Must be professional and personable
All employees must be able to sign the CLS Statement of Faith and subscribe to our Community Life Statement. Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file with your name in the file name to email@example.com
· Cover letter detailing your interest in the position with an emphasis on how your experience aligns with the position’s responsibilities;
· Two or three references with contact information who can speak to your character, talents, and/or spiritual formation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position but will contact only those to whom we offer an interview. All correspondence should be by email and not by phone.