Title: Part Time Researcher & Writer
Location: Monument CO
Company: Telios Law
Telios Law and Telios Teaches advise and train ministries with a vision to help them honor God, prevent misconduct, bring healing, and protect those who cannot protect themselves through thoroughly researched presentations, articles and training materials.
Telios Law is seeking a legal researcher and writer who has a passion to help ministries address problems before they happen, build a culture that furthers the Kingdom of God, and care for victims in a redemptive way.
Qualified candidates will possess 2–5 years of relevant research and writing experience and will work with our creative and legal teams doing legal research, and drafting presentation outlines, blog articles, and drafts for online training. This position is part–time, for 20 hours per week with a salary of $25,000–$40,000, depending on experience. This is a great opportunity for a remote worker, stay–at–home parent, or retiree looking for a literary adventure.
Benefits include 401K, generous holiday and vacation time, paid sick leave, and flexible in–office and at–home office hours. Telios Law provides ongoing professional development and covers the costs of continuing education and relevant professional licenses.
Relevant Traits and Skills: sound judgment, independent self–starter, organized, strong writing skills, good research skills, analytical, collaborative, attentive to detail, likes autonomy, high achiever but can accept correction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Researcher/Writer
- Communicates well and promptly with team members;
- Able to be flexible and to meet tight deadlines;
- Drafts material in approved Word templates with Styles (training is available);
- Researches legal and current news subject matter as directed;
- Drafts outlines for presentations and training based on solid research;
- Drafts articles based on solid research;
- Submits polished and accurate work;
- Works well collaboratively with team on content development; and
- Works on client projects and other work duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Strong research skills (legal research preferred, but specific training is available);
- Excellent writing skills;
- Personal or professional knowledge of Christian religious organizations and how they function;
- Law background preferred but not required;
- Interest in current legal issues for ministries required;
- Strong communication skills (for email, phone, Zoom, and in–person);
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow complex instructions (verbal and written);
- Cross–cultural experience a plus;
- Experience with ministries, child safety, and HR a plus;
- Experience with abuse and/or discrimination issues a plus;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred, including expertise with Styles (must be learned); and
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat preferred (must be learned)
Telios Law is a small but growing firm that works locally, nationally, and internationally. Our office is in Monument, Colorado in a beautiful chalet–style building on the ridge of the Palmer Divide. We are half an hour from Colorado Springs, an hour from Denver, and about two hours from the ski resorts and other mountain activities. Telios Law is actively involved with CLS, Thomas More Society (on pro–life cases), ADF, the Child Safety and Protection Network, and Missio Nexus.
Telios Law advises on and supervises many child abuse and workplace misconduct investigations, particularly for ministries but also for businesses. We often have speaking engagements with a variety of organizations focusing on current trends in the workplace, redemptive solutions in investigations, promoting child safety and protection throughout the world, and other human resource aspects. This position requires substantial research and strong writing skills.
Relevant websites are telioslaw.com, teliosteaches.com, and teliosinvestigations.com. A sense of our investigative and written work is captured in Handling Allegations in a Ministry: Responses and Investigations, by Theresa Sidebotham.
Supervisor Contact Information:
Download Our Application Here
Please send your completed application, resume, and cover letter to Theresa Sidebotham at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Telios Law, P.O. Box 3488, Monument, CO 80132.
Job Posted 1/24/23